Hello

Watch me in 2008 fall off rocks, snag and lose lures that are a day's pay, catch the flu and land the occasional fish. I love to fish..always have. When I am near any body of water I cant help myself, I stare at the shallows for cruisers, look at the water color, check the waves for the certain break signaling a hole, fresh or salt it's all good. I by no means claim to be an expert..far from it... but I do have that constant nagging feel any time I am around water. Show me a mud brown waterfall and I think "humm maybe the cat's are hiding in undercuts in the banks" or a stormy beach with blown out waves and strong winds and I wonder how I can capitalize on the situation ... Off I go now in search of the next catch, I will post soon...

Friday, January 11, 2008

Why the quote at the intro?

When I was around 10 give or take a few, I acquired a large collection of field and stream magazine, I don't recall the exact circumstance perchance it was a yard sale or other but from that point on I began a subscription( I believe it was funded by my Amazing grandfather) for the next few years I poured over the zines' with a desire to do what I saw in the pages and always looked for those inset stories from the master himself.... we remember what we can and to that point I recall, a boy fishing a polluted New England creek. He was catching boogies and carving out their eyes for trout bait - he slayed. That's my version, truly it was about catching on old fart trout that had eluded locals for years and the boy was background for the story - but as boys do they remember what they remember for only their reasons... and that's my recount. The man left an impression and caused me more than once to blind a bream (to no avail) through a simple story.

No comments: